– Guinea pigs are remarkably sturdy little animals, but they can become ill from time to time, and when they do, it’s often a serious situation.
– Preventing your pet from become ill is often much easier than treating him after the fact, so it’s important to locate a veterinarian who can evaluate and monitor your guinea pig’s health as soon as you can after bringing him home.
Not all veterinarians treat guinea pigs, so be sure to select an exotic animal specialist who will know how to care for pet!
– Regular checkups help to prevent potential health problems
– A change in your guinea pig’s behavior, appearance, or mood may indicate that he is ill!
– Extra vitamin C may be necessary when your pet is recovering from an illness or during pregnancy